BackUp of Workshop
Introduction to the Bargue Drawing and Sight-sized method, with academic drawing copies and life model session.
About the workshop
This workshop offers a general understanding to one of the methods of training used in the 19th century French Academy of Art. The method is tested with time, emphasize on the training of observation with a step-wise approach. It builds confidence and provides a system for problem solving in ones own work. This workshop serves as a one time experience of the methodology as well as an introduction to the sight-sized drawing courses by Linda. The price for the workshop can be deducted from a full course later.
During the hands-on workshop, students go through the setup process for a Bargue Plate copy or a life model drawing. Individual discussion as well as group introduction will be conducted. All utilities and materials included, just bring a curious and exciting self!
Structure of the workshop
The workshop is separated into 2 sections, signups are separated as well:
1. Sight-sized introduction with simple Bargue plates (Introduction-Bargue)
- This 3-hour section costs 4,900. ISK
- 1 hour introduction on the approach of sight-size, the use of a plumb line, easel setup, use and purpose of materials, working with visual memory and familiarize with the concept of the big impression, as well as the concept of a step-wise approach in drawing, based strongly on observation.
- A 2-hour copy of a simple Bargue Plate from the book "The Charles Bargue Drawing Course", drawing in graphite with personalized instruction.
2. Sight-sized introduction with a life model (Introduction-Model)
- This 3-hour section costs 6,300. ISK
- 1 hour introduction on the approach of sight-size, the use of a plumb line, familiarize with visual terms such as light and shadow shape, gesture and the big impression.
- A 2-hour pose of a life model drawing in graphite with personalized instruction.
- Location: Vinnustofur listamanna, Lyngási 7, Garðabæ. (7 mins walk from Ásgarður busstop)
- Instruction will be in English
- COVID: We will adhere to a 2m rule between students. (masks and hand sanitizers will also be provided)
You are free to sign up for just one part of the workshop or both. Click the sign up button above to view the availability or make a booking. Make sure to select " Introduction-model" or " Introduction- Bargue". After booking, you will receive a confirmation email with payment details. Payments need to be made to ensure your spot, bookings will otherwise be cancelled after 24 hours. Payments by card or PayPal is also possible, please contact Linda directly by email at email@example.com
If you have been wondering what the sight-sized method is about or simply been thinking about trying it but have not got down doing it on your own, this hands-on introductory workshop is for you!! : )